Our MakerSpace is an area that offers library patrons an opportunity to create intellectual and physical materials using resources such as computers, a 3-D printer, a laser-engraver, audio and video capture and editing tools, and traditional arts and crafts supplies.
Before one can use the MakerSpace:
- Everyone must complete the Introduction & Safety Training
- Makers must complete & sign the Agreement & Waiver Form
- Makers under 13 must be accompanied by parent or guardian
- Use of the Glowforge Laser Engraver & 3D printer require 2 certification trainings (Online & In-Person)
- The online portions of these will be available soon
- Contact the Library to set up in-person appointment to finish certification
Be on the lookout for classes, training, and demonstrations. Check our online event calendar & follow us on social media for updates.
Our Mobile MakerSpace was made possible with grants from Regional Opportunity Initiatives & the Dubois Community Foundation. The Mobile MakerSpace takes programming & STEM activities on the road! We visit schools, community events, & other locations throughout Dubois County to bring learning opportunities to you! For those interested in learning more about the Mobile Makerspace, keep an eye on our website & social media pages for future events.