- In order to receive a library card from the Jasper Public Library or Dubois County Contractual Public Library, an individual must present a photo identification that includes their name and current address and complete a Library Card Application Form.
- The application form is available on-line at www.jdcpl.us. When completed, the temporary credentials will expire in seven (7) days. To receive a permanent library card, the individual must bring the requested identification into the Library.
- If requested, a print version of the application is also available at the Library.
- Each individual will have their photo taken for their library account, and a driver’s license or other form of identification will be required.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse to issue a library card to anyone who refuses to present the required identification and to any adult who refuses to have their picture taken.
- Individuals under the age of eighteen (18) must have the signature of a parent/guardian. Minors completing an on-line application must be accompanied by a parent/guardian, who must present requested identification before a permanent card is issued. The driver’s license number of the parent/guardian will be used on a minor’s account.
- Library cards will expire each year on the patron’s birthday.
- Minor children (under age 18) will be linked to the record of their parents/guardians.
- Parents/guardians will be responsible for late charges and any fees incurred by their minor children.
- Library cards will be issued free of charge to residents of the city of Jasper and of Dubois County and to residents of reciprocating libraries.
- Those persons living in a library district that participates in the statewide reciprocal borrowing program may obtain a library card, free of charge, by presenting their library card from their home library and another form of identification that includes their current address.
- All others must purchase either a non-resident card for a fee determined by the Board of the Library or a PLAC (Public Library Access Card) for a fee that is determined by the State of Indiana.
Library Account Policy
When you receive a library card from the Jasper-Dubois County Contractual Public Library, you agree to observe all the rules, including computer and Internet usage, established by the Library, and are responsible for all materials borrowed on your library card. You also agree to pay any fines or other charges imposed for late return of and/or damage to any library materials borrowed on your card, as well as all collection costs, including, but not limited to: attorney fees and court filing fees. You acknowledge that the library card application has been signed in Dubois County, Indiana, and any legal action to recover fines or other charges will be initiated in Dubois County regardless of your county or state of residence.
- In order to access your account via the Library’s web site, click “My Account” on the home page or click here.
- Your User ID is the barcode number on the back of your library card. Type in the entire number with no spaces.
- Your PIN is the last 4 digits of that barcode number. Once you access your account, we encourage you to change your PIN to something you can remember.
- If you need further assistance, please call the Library at (812) 482-2712.