Thank you all for visiting since our reopening! Just a couple notes:
All staff and patrons will be required to wear masks.
This includes children ages 2 and over. We understand that some will not be happy about this, but the libraries will be following the protocol recommended from the State and County Health Officials and requiring masks for the time being. If you do not have one, one will be provided.
Operating with limited capacity. Patrons are asked to limit the time spent on your visits to allow others to enter.
Jasper and Ferdinand
Mon-Thurs: 9:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Mon-Thurs: 10:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
*Birdseye will open by appointment only on Tuesday and Thursdays due to limited space and staff.
Children will be required to stay with their guardian during the entirety of the visit. Those under the age of 13 will not be permitted to enter without a guardian.
Changes to To-Go Service
Library-to-go services will still be available for those uncomfortable coming into buildings or unable to wear masks. If you would like to continue to use this service please call the library once you receive an email or text notification that you have available holds and schedule a pick up time. We will then place items on a table for you to pick up. For all others, the holds process will go back to the way is was done before the COVID shutdown.
Guidelines and Restrictions
- Computer sessions will be limited to 60 minutes and may need to be by appointment only depending on demand.
- Genealogy visits should be made by appointment only and will also be limited to 60 minutes per day.
- Study rooms remain unavailable at this time.
- Meeting rooms are available during library operating hours, but not after hours.
- Plexiglass dividers will be up at the checkout counters and information desks.
- Patrons encouraged to use self-checkout machines.
- We have added 3 additional self checkout kiosks at Jasper to help alleviate congestion. Look for stand up kiosks in the front of the library and also in the children’s area.
- Social distancing guidelines continue. Seating will be spaced out to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Hand sanitation stations will be located throughout the building. We have plenty, so please use it liberally!
- Staff will be sanitizing on a regular basis.
- Those with a fever or not feeling well asked to stay home.
- Virtual programming will continue. Please check our calendar for more information.
- Information about the Summer Learning Program can be found at https://jdcpl.us/summer-learning-2020/
- Library not accepting book donations at this time.
As of June 15, 2020
The health and safety of our staff and patrons are our top priority at Jasper-Dubois County Public Libraries. Due to this concern, we are following guidelines set by state and local health departments and the CDC to keep our staff and patrons safe during the COVID-19 health emergency.
Here are the steps we are taking:
- Employees will conduct self-assessments on their physical health and not enter the building if they are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms not attributed to allergies or other high-touch services.
- All returned materials from patrons will be quarantined based upon current best practices.
- We are employing enhanced sanitation protocols for the library, including regular cleaning of high-touch surfaces.
- Encouraging and enhancing the ability of staff and patrons to wash their hands or take hygiene measures such as the use of hand sanitizer, placed at public work desks.
- Complying with social distancing requirements as outlined by the CDC, including maintaining a six-foot distance from other staff and patrons when possible, and employing the use of face masks.
Thank you for your cooperation!