As of May 11, 2020
The health and safety of our staff and patrons are our top priority at Jasper-Dubois County Public Libraries. Due to this concern, we are following guidelines set by state and local health departments and the CDC to keep our staff and patrons safe during the COVID-19 health emergency.
Here are the steps we are taking:
- Employees will conduct self-assessments on their physical health and not enter the building if they are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms not attributed to allergies or other high-touch services.
- All returned materials from patrons will be quarantined based upon current best
- We are employing enhanced sanitation protocols for the library, including regular
cleaning of high-touch surfaces.
- Encouraging and enhancing the ability of staff and patrons to wash their hands or take
hygiene measures such as the use of hand sanitizer, placed at public work desks.
- Complying with social distancing requirements as outlined by the CDC, including
maintaining a six-foot distance from other staff and patrons when possible, and
employing the use of face masks when appropriate.
In order to continue to provide services to our patrons, the interior of the library remains closed for general public use at this time. No-contact delivery of services such as materials or documents remain available at this time, as is our 24/7 WiFi network. Restrictions to the building will be eased when we are able to do so in a manner that keeps our staff and patrons safe.
Thank you for your cooperation!