As the library reopens the facilities June 15th, the following changes have been implemented:
All staff and patrons will be required to wear masks.
This includes children ages 2 and over. We understand that some will not be happy about this, but the libraries will be following the protocol recommended from the State and County Health Officials and requiring masks for the time being. If you do not have one, one will be provided.
Operating with limited capacity. Patrons are asked to limit the time spent on your visits to allow others to enter.
Reduced Hours: (Jasper, Ferdinand and Dubois)
Mon-Thurs: 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
*Birdseye will open by appointment only on Tuesday and Thursdays due to limited space and staff.
We are asking that the first hour on Tuesdays and Thursdays (10:00-11:00 AM) be reserved for our most vulnerable patrons.
Parents are asked to leave children at home if possible, but we understand that is not always possible. If visiting, children will be required to stay with their guardian during the entirety of the visit. Those under the age of 16 will not be permitted to enter without an adult guardian.
Changes to To-Go Service
Library-to-go services will still be available for those uncomfortable coming into buildings or unable to wear masks. If you would like to continue to use this service please call the library once you receive an email or text notification that you have available holds and schedule a pick up time. We will then place items on a table for you to pick up. For all others, the holds process will go back to the way is was done before the COVID shutdown.
Guidelines and Restrictions
- Computer sessions will be limited to 60 minutes and may need to be by appointment only depending on demand.
- Genealogy visits should be made by appointment only and will also be limited to 60 minutes per day.
- Study and meeting rooms remain unavailable at this time.
- Plexiglass dividers will be up at the checkout counters and information desks.
- Patrons encouraged to use self-checkout machines.
- We have added 3 additional self checkout kiosks at Jasper to help alleviate congestion. Look for stand up kiosks in the front of the library and also in the children’s area.
- Social distancing guidelines continue. Seating will be spaced out to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Hand sanitation stations will be located throughout the building. We have plenty, so please use it liberally!
- Staff will be sanitizing on a regular basis.
- Those with a fever or not feeling well asked to stay home.
- Virtual programming will continue. Please check our calendar for more information.
- Information about the Summer Learning Program can be found at https://jdcpl.us/summer-learning-2020/
- Library not accepting book donations at this time.