Genealogy & Research Fees
Due to the increasing demand of Genealogy and/or Research Services via telephone, mail, and e-mail from persons outside the Library's legal service area, the Jasper Public Library has established a schedule of fees to be charged for these services. Fees will be charged for the Librarian's research time as well as for any copies, faxes, or postage expenses. Charges for research time will include the time to find the information, make copies, send faxes, and/or prepare items for mailing.
If the research time takes less than 15 minutes, no fee will be charged for research time, however fees for copies, faxes, postage, will still be assessed.
All applicable fees must be paid in advance by the patron before the results of the Librarian's research are released.
Fees will not be charged to:
- Dubois County residents
- Patrons who come into the library and request information
- $20 per hour; $5 per 15 minute increments
- There is no charge if research can be completed in 15 minutes or less
- Research includes searching for information, making copies, sending faxes, and/or preparing items for mailing
- $0.20 per page
- $1.00 per page
- $2.00 for 1-25 pages
- $4.00 for 26-50 pages
- $6.00 for 51-75 pages
- $8.00 for 76-100 pages
- $0.10 per page over 100 pages
To contact a librarian about genealogy/research, please call (812) 482-2712 or e-mail Reference Librarian Jill Watson at .