The Internet and its available resources contain a wide variety of materials and opinions from varied points of view. In offering Internet access, the staff of the Library cannot control access points which often change rapidly and unpredictably.
Users are hereby notified that they are responsible for the access points they reach. Parents of minor children must assume responsibility for their children's use of the Internet in the Library.
The Library assumes no responsibility for any damages, direct or indirect, arising from use of its internet services.
Computer/Internet Rules & Regulations
- Each user MUST present a valid library card from one of the Jasper Dubois County Contractual Public Libraries* and sign in at the Front Desk. If the user does not have a library card and lives in the Libraries' service area, with proper identification, a library card can be issued.
- Visitors who present identification will be issued a Visitor Pass in order to use the computers using their first and last names as the user ID.
- If any user has any outstanding fines or fees totalling $10.00 or more or has any overdue items from one of the Jasper Dubois County Contractual Public Libraries*, access to an Internet computer will be denied until those outstanding accounts are resolved.
- Users age 12 years and younger must use the computers in the Children's Room; those users over age 12 must use the computers in the main part of the library in the designated areas for their age group. Young Adult computers are for users aged 12-17 and are reserved for that age group when school is not in session.
- Children under the age of 5 yrs must be accompanied by an adult who will sit with them at the computer. Adults may not use children's computers unless aiding their child.
- Time Limit: A maximum of one (1) 90 minute session per day per patron or (1) 60 minute session per day per child under the age of 12.
- If you leave before your full time limit is up, you forfeit your remaining time for that day, i.e., the time must be used in one session and cannot be split into two 45 minutes sessions, etc.
- Use of the computers will be on a first come, first served basis. Reservations will not be taken.
- There is a charge of 10 cents per page for any printed pages, including any pages printed and discarded.
* This includes the Jasper Public Library, the Ferdinand Branch Library, the Dubois Branch Library, and the Birdseye Branch Library.
MISUSE OF THE COMPUTER/INTERNET WORKSTATIONS WILL RESULT IN THE LOSS OF YOUR COMPUTER/INTERNET PRIVILEGES. USERS WHO VIOLATE FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS WILL BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. THE LIBRARY WILL COOPERATE WITH THE PROPER AUTHORITIES IN THE INVESTIGATION OF ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES.
Approved by board 9/05/01; Revised 4/05; 4/06